Our annual art show gives athletes an opportunity to show their creative side. Artwork is displayed at Northgate Mall for a week each January, with an awards ceremony to celebrate the athletes on the final day of the show.
2018 SOHC Art Show Dates and Deadlines
Art Submission to Northgate Mall (dropped off at Mall) – Friday January 26th
– Art work can be dropped off at Northgate Mall between 10:00 – 4:30.
– Drop off will be located in an unused storefront – Deb’s old store – which is located in the Sears wing (same place as last year for those of you who entered work last year).
There will be signage in the window.
– If no one is there, just drop your artwork off on the table.
– Please have all your permission forms in an envelope and leave with your art work.
Art Display – Week of January 29th
Art Awards – Sunday February 4th
*This year, athletes who place first will have the opportunity to display their artwork further during the month of February at the Mayerson Jewish Community Center as a part of Inclusion Awareness Month. Permission must be noted on the Art Entry form. Art will be taken directly from Northgate Mall to the JCC by SOHC. Art will then be available for pick up from the JCC at the end of February.*
Rules and Regulations
Each athlete is limited to two entries. If more than two entries are submitted, two will be accepted and the others will be returned. Each school, agency or athlete is responsible for mounting his or her own work.
There are three divisions for judging:
- Assistance Given
- One-on-one Hands-on Assistance
Artwork may be entered into the following categories:
- Black and White Flat Art — No larger than 11”x14” with mat
- Colored Flat Art — No larger than 11”x14” with mat
- Three-Dimensional Art — Sculpture, pottery, mobiles, etc.
- Crafts from Kits
- Crafts from original designs
- Computer drafted art – No larger than 11″x14″ with mat
Presented in partnership with –